Qualifications and Competencies:
- Must be 16 years old or older
- One of the following Instructor certifications:
- YMCA Swim Instructor
- Swim Instructor (LSS)
- Lifesavings Instructor (LSS)
- Water Safety Instructor (Red Cross)
- Current, clear Vulnerable Sector Police Criminal Check
- Current Standard First Aid with CPR-C (Must be recertified every two years)
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Able to effectively communicate with members of all ages, staff and colleagues.
In addition to bringing commitment to the YMCA-YWCA of Guelph’s vision and values, the candidate should have the following key competencies:
Integrity: Demonstrates responsible behavior at all times and maintains high ethical standards.
Commitment to Organization Vision & Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, strategic outcomes and values of the YMCA.
Teamwork: Actively builds teams and encourages open relationships for maximal organizational effectiveness.
Communication: Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievement across the Association.
Self-Management: Ability to direct personal performance to achieve desired results with minimum supervision.
Quality Focus: Ensure that the YMCA-YWCA programs and services are of the highest standards.
Concern for Health and Safety: Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction.
We thank all applicants for your interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA – YWCA of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.