Bilingual TechXpert Representative
SYKES is looking for full-time Customer Services Representatives that want to work from the comfort of their own home! You might have heard about us on the radio or on TV and wondered what we do.
When customers call their banks, healthcare provider, or cable company, they are actually calling SYKES. We help people by answering questions, processing transactions, and resolving their issues! We provide awesome customer service on behalf of the big companies you deal with every day.
The Bilingual TechXpert specialist will be responsible for taking back to back inbound calls in order to resolve technical issues for existing subscribers of either TechXpert Cable (for Rogers Hi-Speed internet customers who also subscribe to TechXpert), or TechXpert Wireless (for Rogers Wireless customers who either subscribe to our service or in some cases have a free support session from us included with a hardware upgrade.)
This is the right job if you’re able to:
- Speak fluently in English and French-Canadian on the phone and are able to use a computer efficiently
- Troubleshoot and resolve any technical issues the customer may have
- Multitask across multiple monitors and programs; be technically inclined and able to navigate through several systems to get first call resolution
- Successfully upsell the Rogers TechXpert premium services to non-subscribers who are in need of assistance if we are currently expanding sales
- Develop rapport with the customer early in the contact, by speaking clearly and concisely, asking excellent probing questions, and ensuring clear understanding of what they need assistance with. Take ownership of their issue
- Meet and exceed any and all metrics as required by the client
Please note that this is for a premium support role and should not be considered an entry level technical support position. Training focuses on client based systems/tools, customer service skills, and process/documentation based expectations – it does not teach in-depth troubleshooting of all the devices you would be expected to support. As such, applicants without strong technical/computer skills will not be considered.
Home Office Requirements:
· Personal Windows-based computer with monitor, speakers and anti-virus software
· Subscription to high-speed, hard-wired, bi-directional Internet connection
· 2 Headsets: a USB headset for online training and a telephone headset for taking live customer calls.
· Analog landline that meets one of these requirements:
o Plain Old Telephone Service (POTS) – traditional landline phone service using a dedicated copper pair to the home.
o Cable – phone service from a Cable TV service provider
o Fiber-Optic – phone line provided by a local phone service.
· For more detailed information, click here
What to expect in the application / hiring process:
• Applying Online – The application itself is short… similar to other organizations. Once you have completed your application, you will go right into the assessment process… This can take some time and is much easier on a laptop or desktop computer than a tablet or mobile device.
• Assessments – The assessments are designed to understand your capabilities and skills. We use these to recommend the best possible fit for you within our clients’ business needs. What that means is that we are interested in your success right from the get-go.
• Status of Application – You may not hear back from us right away. We encourage you to be a bit patient as we seek out just the right opportunity for you. Please watch your email as this is our most common and expedient way to reach you.
• Interview – When we find a position we believe you might be interested in, we will invite you to join us on a virtual interview. Like everything else in our process, it is 100% online and over the phone. The interview consists of both individual and group discussions. Interviews will be conducted in English.
• Offer – If you are offered a position and choose to accept, you will be asked to complete the required paperwork and pre-employment checks just as you would with any other employer. Because you are working remote, it may involve a bit of extra running around.