J1016-0182 Officer, Systems Management Services
Officer, Systems Management Services
All employees in the National Capital
Position Reports To:
Under the general supervision of the Manager, Process Design and Continuous Improvement, actively participates in all process related activity in the client areas. These activities include problem tracking and resolution, requirements gathering, clients’ needs analysis, and the co-ordination of system changes and enhancement activity. Produces, maintains and distributes process information, and conducts regular data audits.
The successful candidate will:
1. Conducts impact assessments on business processes due to system changes, enhancements and/or new process activities. Prepares communication packages and distributes to the client community.
2. Conducts regular data audits to ensure integrity and compliance with processes, and communicates findings to appropriate functional groups.
3. Provides administrative support to the process owners.
4. Produces and maintains process documents and promotes consistent adherence to corporate processes and procedures.
5. Provides ongoing support, assistance and advice to senior management and to client representatives regarding the resolution of system and process problems. Reviews Pulse tickets, including communication to stakeholders where there is an impact.
6. Monitors resolution of system problems as they occur.
7. Liaises with external System Integrators on problem resolution and all enhancement activity. Liaises with IMI concerning system errors that generate pay defects and that will require communications to AccessHR.
8. Evaluates, documents, and initiates when appropriate all recommended changes/enhancements to existing information systems.
9. Reviews SAP update releases. Determines impact on processes.
10. Analyses changes as they occur to the various collective agreements and assesses the impact on AccessHR. Participates in discussions with stakeholders. Produce reports to assess scope/volume of changes. Validates and confirms information with various stakeholders.
Job requirements (Education and Work experience)
- University degree or College Diploma
- Bilingual at the BBBB level (intermediate)
- Two years’ industry experience in a unionized environment
- Two years’ experience in process management
- Strong competencies in relationship management, communication (verbal & written), influencing & persuasion, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Work experience with Microsoft Office software, especially with Excel and Word
- Open to pursuing certification with the Canadian Payroll Association and Business Process Management
- Knowledge of SAP and HR experience an asset
Our Leadership Behaviours and Corporate Values
Decision Making - A champion of the organization who takes calculated risks and makes prudent, common sense decisions about current issues, future opportunities and resource requirements in a timely, well thought out manner, that aligns with the corporation's best interests.
Accountability - An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds him/herself and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for learning from mistakes when intended results are not achieved.
Business Orientation - A proactive individual who understands the competitive nature of the business, and is committed to sustaining the business through excellent customer service and new business opportunities.
Execution - A focused and self motivated individual who acts with a sense of urgency and delivers on time and within budget, by dealing effectively with challenges and ambiguous situations.
Leading People - A compelling communicator and leader who engages, motivates and inspires others to achieve results and who encourages personal growth and finding better ways of doing things.
Canada Post offers:
A total compensation package
• Competitive salary
• Annual incentive program
• Comprehensive individual and family benefits coverage
• Vacation and leave options
• Defined Contribution Component of the Canada Post Corporation Registered Pension Plan
A strong community of employees
• Our employees drive innovation and ensure that our business continues to evolve to meet our customers' changing needs
The satisfaction of a job well done
• You'll be part of a winning team that touches the lives of millions
Careers that deliver
If you're ready to make a difference and discover your full potential, Canada Post delivers a variety of exciting and challenging career opportunities across the country. As one of Canada’s largest employers we’re committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team to meet the evolving needs of Canadians and secure our future.
Canada Post - Employment Equity and Conflict of Interest policies
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.