This position is responsible for overall management of coaching and development for salon managers to ensure salons operate according to the Great Clips brand, provide a comfortable environment for the customer, and that each employee is able to connect with the customer. This position is also responsible for working with franchisees and holding them accountable for implementing plans to improve results in the salon. This position will supoort the Greater Toronto market and surrounding areas.
Key Result Areas:
• Manages the selection, training, assessment and development of employees within the department to assure maximum effectiveness, motivation, and retention of employees.
• Provides business consulting support to franchisees and maintains positive relationships in assigned markets to firmly establish a position of leadership and influence within the region.
• Manages the use of appropriate Great Clips tools and resources to provide service and support that will ensure operational compliance and continued growth of Great Clips salons.
• Manages the coaching and development process for salon managers to ensure they are receiving specific feedback and are provided with tools and resources to support continued growth of the salon.
• Manages the support of new salons to ensure that all plans for opening are followed and the salon has sufficient support during the critical grand opening stage.
• Manages assigned market budgets throughout the year to ensure goals are met.
• Performs other projects, work and activities as assigned to ensure continuous service to our internal and external customers.
Key Technical Competencies:
• Knowledge and support of the Great Clips technical and operating systems; ability to explain the rationale and foundation for the system.
• Ability to effectively and consistently deliver training sessions using the Great Clips management training systems and workshop materials.
• Ability to certify that a participant has learned and successfully demonstrated the material presented in training.
• Ability to establish credibility and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to travel and work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends is required.
• Knowledge of, and skill in, using application software in an Apple environment including Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and Internet functionality.
• Knowledge of retail operations, including real estate, construction, marketing, training and operations.
• Skill of helping individuals understand problems, goals and various courses of action.
• Ability to influence franchisees and understand the franchisee’s perspective.
• Ability to lift up to 20 pounds is required.
Desired Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Business and 4 years of salon/retail management experience required.