The Bilingual Translator / Proofreader for Branding and Packaging is to be responsible for proofreading and translating all retail packaging to ensure the accuracy of content, grammar, spelling, and the adherence to style and quality standards established by the client. The Translator / Proofreader must have an understanding of branding and packaging and be able to adhere to deadlines.
* Proofread all packaging artwork moving through the quality control process to ensure that all required English and French copy and corrections have been applied and that there are no other obvious errors.
* Ensure that all packaging adheres to the style guidelines.
* Compare packaging and related copy to ensure that they are consistent and correspond to one another.
* Review and compare all final packaging proofs to ensure that they correspond and are correct and consistent.
* Translate supplied copy from English to French and in some instances, French to English.
* Post-secondary Diploma/Degree in related field or equivalent experience in translation/proofreading.
* 2 or more years of experience in a similar capacity (preferably bilingual packaging).
* Must have excellent French skills; both written and verbal, but also be comfortable speaking and communicating in English.
* Organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated, with the ability to act quickly and work independently; sometimes under tight deadlines.
* Able to assess, problem-solve and make intelligent inquiries.
* Team-player with solid interpersonal skills.
Working knowledge of Mac OSX, Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat.
* Attention to detail: accuracy in catching errors and identifying potential problems
* Focus: ability to work quickly and independently without distraction; logical problem-solver.
* Time Management: self-motivated; edit pages in a timely manner; mindful of production deadlines; accuracy in charging time; able to deal constructively with down-time.
* Communication: diplomatic and professional attitude; good rapport with co-workers, management and client; above-average oral and written communication skills; skillful in problem solving.
* Flexible: able to quickly adapt to changing work priorities.
* Innovative, Respectful, Passionate, Customer Focused, Proactive, Accountable.
Contact Us Today:
For more information about this role, contact Ben Beacham at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Bilingual Proofreader / Toronto in the heading of your email.