Where do you find your local community news? How do you stay connected to new and old businesses in your community? Metroland Media is a communication company built on a strong history of providing the news to Ontario’s door steps for over 100 years. In this ever growing industry we have continued to evolve, allowing us to become the industry leaders. Flyers, magazines, trade shows, digital advertising and distribution is a snapshot of our companies breadth. If you are looking for a dynamic company built on a strong history within your community, look no further.
Local Search Group specializes in digital marketing management solutions for small and medium sized business across the Metroland footprint. Our digital experts help local companies enhance their digital marketing presence by providing customized solutions that include a variety of strategic, tactical and creative recommendations, such as website design and analysis, SEO, PPC, content marketing and impression advertising.
Are you a high energy individual seeking new challenges? Are you a person who is independent and enjoys networking relationship building? Servicing and growing an existing client base, the Account Representative continuously increases sales revenue and maintains strong business relationships with top local companies. The individual is accountable for acquiring new accounts through various strategies including generating leads, networking with key decision makers and active researching. They are also responsible for introducing and selling innovative marketing solutions to local small and medium-sized businesses while achieving aggressive revenue targets. Reporting directly to the Regional Sales Manager this position will reside at Kitchener office. This position will provide candidates, including recent graduates, the opportunity to gain sales exposure and to be part of one of Canada’s leading community media companies. We will provide you with the support and training you will need in order to be successful. Your career starts here!
- Networking with local leading companies through sourcing leads, cold calling, and research, resulting in sales of multi-media platforms.
- The desire to consistently attain and/or surpass sales and hitting revenue targets to earn market competitive incentives.
- Inspire and excite customers with your own creative and effective advertising solutions and play a key role in the overall success of the organization.
- Keep connected with both new and existing clients to encourage ongoing sales as well as integrate new products to offer a more robust portfolio.
- Provide consulting, using out-of-the-box thinking for creating proposals to meeting customer's marketing needs.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with decision makers to build lucrative business opportunities.
- Interact with a variety of personalities and ensure superior customer satisfaction through professional customer service.
- Negotiate and structure sales agreements with new and existing customers while maintain positive business relationships.
- Work with an energetic, supportive and team-oriented department while simultaneously achieving your own independent goals.
- As part of this role, you will be required to handle credit card information. Metroland Media is PCI compliant company, and requires people in this role to take PCI training to handle cards in a safe and compliant manner.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Degree or Diploma in Business or in a related field.
- Ability to build and develop effective relationships with clients by using an outgoing and engaging personality.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, compelling presentation and effective negotiation skills.
- Ability to make quality decisions and creative problem solving solutions in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Motivated self-starter with discipline to work independently to achieve sales targets.
- Solid organizational skills and ability to manage your own time effectively.
- Sincere desire to assist others using superior customer skills, including having the ability to placate challenging and demanding clients.
- A preference to not always work in a traditional office and travel when necessary to meet potential clients.
- A passion for creating marketing media solutions and constantly interacting as well as networking with a diverse variety of business professionals.
- Strong desire to experience new opportunities, to develop and grow both professionally and personally within the Company.
- A valid Driver's Licence and reliable car is needed.
OUR AODA COMMITMENT
Metroland is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Metroland will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview.
“One of the things I love about working at Metroland is that it allows me to meet and visit with wonderful people every day. I am able to help them take their business to the next level and improve their online exposure. I am able to get their business in places they never thought possible. Every day is exciting at Metroland, the possibilities are endless!!!”
Debbie Heard-Chapman, Digital Consultant - Peel, Halton North & Etobicoke Regions
“I have been working with Metroland Media for over 5 years. I work with local business owners Consulting them on their Digital Footprint. This is definitely a rewarding position to be in. If you are looking for a Wok Life balance and the ability to earn unlimited income as well as joining a winning team that is always innovative. Apply now. Don’t be shy”
Engelique Giroux , Digital Account Specialist – Hamilton/Halton Region
“I get to meets amazing people every day and learn all kinds of things about different types of businesses. I can also be in control of my own salary. “
Tia Marchesini, Advertising Sales – Niagara Region
"I enjoy working for Metroland Digital because they define the standard of promoting a team-orientated sales environment. As a progressive and innovative company, Metroland offers endless opportunities for professional growth, job flexibility, and infinite income possibilities based on your personal dedication and drive to succeed."
Lorrie Joanisse, Advertizing Sales Rep – Hamilton Region
Having worked with various marketing companies over the past 20+ years, I have to say the past 10 years with Metroland have provided me with the best income potential, a terrific work environment and superior sales support. I wish I have joined them sooner in my career.”
Mac Sinclair, Digital Martketing Consultant- Kitchener Region
I have worked for Metroland Media for over ten years and enjoy helping businesses achieve their short and long term goals. It’s rewarding to know that I have played a part in their success!”
Linda Nadorozny, senior Account Executive – Niagara Region