NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information. Go North.
Do you enjoy using your confidence, pride, and passion to meet the needs of your community? The North West Company (NWC) is hiring Store Managers for their Northern and NorthMart stores. Bring your high-level retail experience and excitement to lead and develop a team, and make a difference, at NWC. As a Store Manager, level 1-3, you’re a hands-on manager of a small to medium sized operation, and you possess strong organizational and delegation skills.
Ready to embrace your direction? Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
All successful candidates must be able to re-locate to remote regions in Northern Canada. You’ll receive benefits such as subsidized housing and food allowance, paid vacation travel, bonus and profit sharing opportunities, ability to bank what you earn and more! We even have, and encourage, employment opportunities for spouses.
- Develop plans to achieve financial goals and communicate these goals to the store team;
- Ensure appropriate merchandise is ordered and tailored to the specific market needs to maximize sales’ opportunities;
- Respond accordingly and professionally to all customer inquiries or complaints;
- Drive sales through promotional offerings, reaching sales targets and increasing profits;
- Monitor the level of customer service and satisfaction within the store and take action as required to address issues;
- Lead and control the goals and standards for the store;
- Responsible for store personnel to ensure personnelhave the necessary products and sales training to providecustomers with an excellent shopping experience;
- Provide a high level of sales and marketing service, and act as a brand and product ambassador;
- Create a strong brand experience with your ability to communicate at all levels; and
- Manage vendor coordination and budget administration.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Store Manager, Assistant Manager, General Manager role in a high-level grocery/retail environment;
- Degree in retail, business, or marketing-related field is an asset;
- You’re happy to take on responsibility as a good team leader and remain calm under pressure, in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience in retail distribution, budget planning, merchandise displays, inventory control, cost control, and revenue generation;
- Your approachable demeanour makes you a fantastic team leader and mentor;
- You effectively prioritize duties and pay close attention to detail, aiding your strength in overseeing stock control and receiving orders;
- You’re innovative, creative, commercial, and dynamic with high levels of enthusiasm to succeed, strengthening your ability to communicate at all levels;
- You drive a culture that empowers your colleagues to strive for excellence for their customers, and you know how to make changes quickly and effectively; and
- You’re a role model to your colleagues and community.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit