Founded in 1996, False Creek Healthcare is one of Canada’s most renowned independent health providers, offering world-class service to individuals seeking immediate access to high quality medical care in Canada. Services include advanced diagnostics, executive health, family practice, urgent care, surgeons, specialists, plastic surgery and more. False Creek’s team of over 100 physicians and surgeons are leaders in their fields, chosen for their professional qualifications and dedication to the care of others. They are leaders in their fields, with the highest degree of surgical skills, experience and knowledge available.
Falsecreek Healthcare is a member of the Centric Health Group of Companies, a privately-held organization whose vision is to be one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers in Canada with an unwavering commitment to deliver a superior quality of care.
This position is primarily responsible for supporting teams that record transactions that affect working capital, revenue recognition and Corporate costs. The role will also be involved in the month-end close and assist in finalization of month-end statements.
Your Day to Day
What You Bring To The Team
- Oversee revenue recording in Accpac for each surgical centre, with the help of AR Coordinator at the centre and Corporate office accounting team.
- Review the revenue reported with contracts and status of job to ensure revenue earned/recorded is correct. Review and reconcile deferred revenue for month-end journal entry.
- Review the AR aging and provide status of collection to the business Leads.
- Assist Director Operational Finance, Surgical Division in preparing schedules to ensure flash financial reporting and final monthly results.
- Assist in the review all balance sheet and P&L account analyses/reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Assist in the review and approve month end accruals, both AP and AR. Ensure accuracy of month-end sales invoicing per contracts.
- Assist in the monthly review of general ledger activity and investigation/commentary on unusual items.
- Assist ensuring accuracy of reported financial statements in general ledger to assess reasonableness of the reports.
- Assist in the review of account analysis and reconciliations if requested by the business Leads.
- Ensure accounts payable processes within Doc-Link are operating properly; follow-up with business Leads to ensure key vendors are paid on time.
- Collect information on intercompany accounts to ensure these are reconciled with related parties.
- Assist in quarterly audit reviews and annual audit.
- Other projects as requested.
- 5 to 7 years of relevant experience;
- An accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA);
- Knowledge of financial concepts and principles;
- Ability to interpret financial reports, ledgers, graphs and tables;
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail;
- Experience in preparation of audit working papers;
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking;
- Accpac experience.
- Good understanding of Health Care Industry
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers, then we want to hear from you!
About Centric Health Group of Companies
At Centric Health our passion is people and the centre of everything we do. Centric Health provides a wide range of care programs and services, specializing in surgical and diagnostics, surgical weight loss, cosmetic surgery, orthotics, primary care, and pharmacy services. Nationally across Canada we service over 25,000 patients in long term care facilities, fill over 800,000 prescriptions per month, operate 25 OR’s and own one of only three fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario. Our healthcare solutions focus on leading patient outcomes in three areas of care: medical & surgical, specialty pharmacy and orthotics. We employ over 900 highly talented and skilled expert healthcare professionals, physicians, pharmacists, nurses, technologists, technicians, and support staff.
Tell us about your passion by submitting an application today!
Your Care. Our Focus.
Centric Health provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported throughout the recruitment and employment process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants must notify the Human Resources department in advance should they require any additional accommodation.