OTIP (Ontario Teachers Insurance Plan) is a member-focused, service-driven organization that puts people, both our members and our employees, first. We are committed to providing a positive work environment and developing careers. We’re looking for someone to join our team as a:
Senior Bilingual Account Manager
If the above sounds like you, then consider OTIP for your next career move!
As a member of our consulting and insurance services team, your tasks will include:
- Applying quality principles and practices to establish a strategic approach and to improve the organization’s operations and productivity. This includes managing processes to support the organization’s strategic direction and communicating, facilitating and supporting necessary changes for continuous improvement.
- Creating a positive and professional image of the organization. This includes explaining capabilities and performance, establishing and maintaining positive communications with members, developing and conducting public relations activities, and marketing the organization and its products and services to affiliates, branch affiliates, members and related agencies.
- Recruiting new customers by contacting potential members and explaining products and services, delivering sales presentations, and completing prospect follow-up.
- Setting goals and presenting products and services to clients to attract new business and expand current business.
- Resolving product or service problems and customer complaints. This includes clarifying the complaint, determining the cause, selecting and explaining the best solution, making recommendations, and following up to ensure resolution.
- Developing and maintaining a rapport with members. This includes identifying service requirements of each account, making periodic visits, providing account information, coordinating registration activities and delivery of materials, resolving problems, auditing for new opportunities, and following up as required.
- Identifying market potential of assigned territory. This includes identifying customer requirements, defining markets, competitors’ shares, advantages and weaknesses, forecasting projected business, and establishing personal sales targets.
If this opportunity sounds interesting, and you meet the following requirements, you are the person we’re looking for. We need someone who has:
- A university degree in arts, commerce, business or a related subject.
- A life insurance industry accreditation is considered an asset (C.E.B.S or CLU).
- A minimum of three years’ experience in group benefits including long term disability and health and dental programs
- The ability to communicate in French is required.
- Exceptional communication skills and the demonstrated ability to deal effectively with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Superior time management and organizational skills to manage competing priorities, including project management skills.
- intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Regular travel is required
OTIP is more than just a place to work. In addition to competitive salaries and industry-leading benefits, OTIP offers a work environment where your opinions are valued and expected! Our employees have the opportunity to provide feedback on departmental goals, to participate on committees, to work collaboratively, and to continuously improve their professional skills. As one of Waterloo Area’s Top Employers for 2017, as awarded by Toronto-based publisher Mediacorp Canada, we take pride in our employee programs, including health and wellness initiatives, charity involvement, social events and much more! To recruit the best, we offer the best. For more information on OTIP and its Group of Companies (TW, CURO), our company culture, and perks we offer, visit the ‘Life at OTIP’ page on our website.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online.
OTIP and its Group of Companies strive to create an accessible and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. Upon individual request, OTIP and its Group of Companies will endeavour to remove any barrier to the recruitment and selection processes and provide accommodations for persons with disabilities.
OTIP and its Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for showing an interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.