Reporting to the Director, Digital Platforms, this position requires someone who has deep digital writing, editorial, and publishing experience, impressive messaging and communication skills, a refusal to settle, innovative mindset, and an approach of starting with the customer and working backward. This role requires the perfect combination of creative and analytical skills; the ability to see the big picture, but also obsess about the details. Ability to absorb complex information and translate it into persuasive, relevant, messaging. Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, global environment. Proven ability to meet deadlines, listen, collaborate and influence others. Must be service-oriented: flexible, proactive management of expectations, unflappable in the face of change. Ability to think strategically and systemically.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design and and oversee the execution of an ambitious content strategy aligned with 3 goals: brand alignment, virality and SEO
- Drive the development, implementation and management of procedures, policies and governance framework to ensure all content is quickly assessed and published efficiently
- Work closely with the editorial/content, business, and tech teams to identify priorities and get things done
- Work closely with Experience Designers and Visual Designers to ensure that content and information architecture supports and strengthens the overall user experience strategy, including navigation structure and taxonomy.
- Ensure to create and deliver concise, engaging content that adheres to brand guidelines for tone and voice, uses language best practices for the given channel/medium and is optimized for search engines.
- Align cross project or cross-work stream customer experience requirements to ensure continuity for the user across the omni-channel customer experience.
- Continuously seeks and integrates user feedback and test results to optimize content.
- Work with internal business partners to leverage experts, content and insights across lines of business and develop customer specific material for the digital platform
- Manage and deliver on content translation
- Ensure that the Air Canada websites are kept fresh with useful, usable content by ensuring a high level of accuracy, consistency and relevance
- Author personalized dynamic driven content
- Author A/B and/or multi-variant testing driven content
- Drive improvements based upon website satisfaction and visitor surveys
- Leverage information and analytics to make informed business decisions and editorial and communication improvements
- Require the individual to be the key content manager for all digital channels
- 3+ years in Management positions, with the ability to think strategically about the organization’s digital and editorial presence and trajectory
- Ability to create and manage editorial processes, including planning documents and workflows
- Experience creating and managing short- and long-term editorial calendars
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including on-site reporting and writing/editing for multiple digital channels
- Experience leading content initiatives from ideation through implementation.
- Experience working in a holistic customer-centric design process and ability to collaborate across department teams.
- Familiarity with audience development
- Professional experience producing visual content, including but not limited to video content and still photography
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices
- Managerial skills that include mentoring employees, as well as working cooperatively, diplomatically and effectively across departments with different priorities
- Experience with content management in a digital space
- Experience working in digital for a retail organization an asset
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted