Grimco, Inc. was founded in 1875 in St. Louis, Missouri. Today we have 45 locations across the United States, 5 across Canada, and a sales division that is focused solely on growth in the Caribbean and Latin American markets. Our #1 goal is growth in all wholesale markets for manufacturing/distribution of digital print products, signs, and sign-making supplies.
Grimco, Inc. was founded in 1875 in St. Louis, Missouri. Today we have 43 locations across the United States, 5 across Canada, and a sales division that is focused solely on growth in the Caribbean and Latin American markets. Our #1 goal is growth in all wholesale markets for manufacturing/distribution of digital print products, signs, and sign-making supplies.
What makes Grimco Special?
- We’re excited for our 142nd year in business! We are a growing company that continues to evolve in our industry.
- We offer a customized career progression program that provides a clear career path for motivated employees who desire leadership roles – our strong performers become our strong leaders.
- We have fantastic teams throughout North America and are proud of our reputation of being the most informed and educated supplier in the industry.
- Our executives and managers are extremely accessible and work on the front lines of our business!
What Separates the Good from the Great at Grimco:
Those who are successful at Grimco demonstrate determination, competitive drive, and eagerness to learn all facets of our company. They must have a strong desire to provide exceptional customer service and sell. They must also possess the drive to make an immediate impact on a growing company.
What Does Account Receivable Do?
The main role of Accounts Receivable is to ensure that the company receives payments for goods and services and properly records the transactions. The duties and responsibilities of this position require not only a knack for numbers, but also attention to detail and well-developed organizational skills.
This role is located at Grimco Toronto, and is scheduled for regular business hours 8:30am-5:00pm EST.
- Ensure the timely collection of receivables.
- Adhere to comprehensive policy and procedures for the extension of credit.
- Communicate with customers in both English and French.
- Ensuring professional relationships are established and maintained with customers.
- Working closely with other A/R team members and managers to respond to credit and collection concerns with existing and potential clients.
- Analyze delinquent accounts and prepare monthly reports on highest risk accounts including recommendations for resolutions.
- Notify debtors of overdue payments and accounts by telephone, mail, and registered mail, and continue the notification process if reply is not received.
- Resolve collection issues by making payment arrangements by telephone or e-mail to debtor.
- Recommend legal action or discontinuation of service in cases where payment is not forthcoming.
- Answer correspondence, prepare reports, and maintain records and files related to collection work.
- Daily posting deposits, EFT, and POS Slips.
- Calculate, prepare, and issue documents related to accounts such as bills, invoices, inventory reports, account statements, and other financial statements using computerized and manual systems.
- Provide information about claims or accounts; update accounts; initiate billing and process claim payments.
- Perform related clerical duties, such as word processing, maintaining filing and record systems, faxing and photocopying.
- Provide back up for team members’ accounts for vacation or sick day coverage.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bilingual: English/French is mandatory
- Previous accounts receivable, general accounting, or related experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience using integrated accounting systems and/or ERP software.
- Completed Post-Secondary degree or equivalent diploma from an accredited college/university (final semester applicants welcome).
- Computer literate – MS Office Suite, internet navigation, and database/order entry experience.
- Confidence and positive attitude are a MUST! Goal-oriented and competitive in all activities.
- Superior interpersonal skills – able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to work hard and smart – never satisfied with the status quo.
- Ability to take direction and to make independent decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and true commitment to customers.
Strong Preference For:
- Post-Secondary Degree or equivalent Diploma with Major/Concentration in an area of Accounting/Finance/Business or related field.
- Top of the class graduates.
- Infor SX Enterprise data management system experience; CRM database experience.
New to the Sign Industry? What is Training Like?
- 3 weeks of focused training time* (Location: Toronto Corporate).
- Majority of time training is focused on: accounting, computer systems, phones/customers, sales/service, products, purchasing, logistics, web store, marketing, safety, human resources, and reports.
- Split between break-out session and hands-on learning environment.
- Rotation within departments for a diverse look at how employees approach tasks and achieve goals.
*Full-time salary includes training period. Travel accommodations and expenses provided per Grimco Canada Travel & Expense Policy. Training location determined by corporate/regional training team schedule.
To learn more about Grimco and our wide range of products, we invite you to visit our website at www.grimco.ca
Grimco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Immediate Opening. Full-Time Employment Status. Salaried Compensation. Eligible for Employee Benefits Package Including: Extended Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Long Term Disability, Dependent Coverage, Travel Insurance, Grimco Cares Employee Assistance Fund, Perkopolis Discount Program, Paid Personal & Sick Time, Holiday & Vacation Accrual.