Sandvik Materials Technology is seeking an
Human Resources Advisor
Location: Arnprior, Ontario Canada
Sandvik Materials Technology Division is a leading manufacturer of seamless tube and pipe in an extensive program of stainless steels, nickel alloys, titanium, zirconium and other advanced materials.
Currently we are seeking a Human Resources Advisor who will provide guidance to Managers and Employees in support of Human Resources related matters including but limited to: Performance Management, Recruitment, Communications, Compensation, Employment Legislation and other employee lifecycle needs.
- Providing performance management support and recommending employee training and development
- Providing assistance to line supervisors in the preparation of performance appraisals;
- Assist in the application of legal permits –averaging agreement, excess hours agreement; for business exceptions; Liaising with Country Governance to ensure local registry is maintained and tracking of permits is done
- Support HR Manager with investigations regarding harassment investigations or Bill 168 investigations
- Conduct exit interviews
- Provide documentation, guidance and support to people managers for termination of employment (both voluntary and non-voluntary)
Recruitment / Selection
Managing full cycle recruitment process including:
- Post and advertise Job Openings, maintain resume/applicant database
- Pre-screen resumes, schedule and conduct pre-employment testing
- Set up and participate in interviews with hiring managers
- Prepare job offers for HR Manager in conjunction with HR Services Canada
Employee Lifecycle Support
- Ensure new hire paperwork is completed in full and there is no information missing
- Coordinate payroll and benefits with other employee information to Core HR
- Schedule and coordinate new hire orientation
- Prepare transfer letters and ensure process is completed (coordinate and oversee testing for union positions)
- Maintain Job Description databank
- Ensure all termination paperwork is submitted and checklist is sent to managers, follow for completion
- Ensure validated information is provided to Payroll Service center for efficient processing of payroll
- Validation of Payroll hour and exception data.
- Maintenance of payroll related adjustments.
- Processing and Posting payroll financial transactions.
- Validation and maintenance of vacation balances, clothing, tooling balances
- Provide support for HR Manager with union issues and collective bargaining
- Assist with other administrative tasks such as filing, HR supplies (new hire binders).
- Support Core and Business Human Resources as directed
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills, Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business or related field orequivalent experience
- CHRP Certification is preferred
- Demonstrated ability applying employment standards and labour legislation to practical employee situations
- Experience in a unionized environment
- Experience with Payroll and Payroll systems
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Maturity and balanced judgement based on solid HR background
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple priorities effectively
- Understanding and respect for confidential documents and circumstances
- Ability to plan for and manage various stakeholders and priorities
- Accountability for own work
- Accuracy & attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills to support dealing with internal and external customers & suppliers
- Flexibility and Adaptability
Sandvik offers a comprehensive compensation package including a retirement savings plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits, ongoing development and training.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates can apply online at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Human Resources Advisor, Job Opening #351621.
We thank all applicants for their response, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential.