FBC is Canada’s largest farm and small business tax specialist. We provide a specialized in-home farm and business tax service that is second to none.
We are currently accepting applications for Tax Service Technician (Member Care Coordinator).
Are you interested in being a part of a dynamic team and working in a role where there is variety in your day and a great deal of interaction with others? Would you like the opportunity to make a difference and to be a key resource for farmers and small business owners?
We are seeking a high energy go-getter who is a wizard at customer service to join our office in Saskatoon, SK. Candidates who live in and around this region are encouraged to apply. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to gain experience in tax, bookkeeping and customer service with a reputable and stable Canadian company.
The Tax Service Technician (Member Care Coordinator) answers basic tax and bookkeeping questions for our Members (customers), collaborates with and supports Local Tax Consultants in providing products and service to our Members, and assists the Office Manager with administrative duties. The Tax Service Technician is a first point of contact for our Members and provides exceptional customer service at all times.
This role is perfect for someone who: appreciates growth and training opportunities, thrives on building relationships and interacting with others, and wants to build a long-term career. Apply today and build a career with FBC!
Our successful candidate will:
- Provide exemplary customer service to FBC Members
- Answer basic tax, bookkeeping, payroll, and T4 questions from Members
- Collaborate with other team members/departments to ensure that work is on track and to keep Members informed of progress
- Proactively place outbound calls to our Members to gauge satisfaction, to extend opportunities to participate in early tax calls, etc.
- Assist with welcoming and onboarding new Members
- Schedule and match Member appointments with field staff based on territory and distance travelled
- Prepare and file confidential documents
- Review and prepare documents, reports and other correspondence materials
- Provide administrative support to other departments including Reception coverage
- Other duties, relevant to the position, as required
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- 2+ years of front-line customer service experience
- A diploma in business, accounting, finance, tax, or a related field is preferred - or equivalent experience in accounting or taxes
- Experience in a professional office setting
- Administrative experience is an asset
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE
Our successful candidate will be service-oriented and will:
- Demonstrate the ability to act in a professional manner with employees, management, customers and visitors at all times
- Place a high value on, and enjoy, providing top-level customer service, possessing a desire to create "raving fans"
- Exhibit strong interpersonal skills through the ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues, clients and customers
- Display excellent communication skills - both written and verbal with well-developed telephone skills
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of MS Office
- Possess an interest and an aptitude for learning, including software and databases
- Utilize superior time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize appropriately
- Own superior organizational skills (calendar and appointment schedules)
- Demonstrate the ability to problem solve and resolve conflicts
A career with FBC provides:
- An opportunity to build a long and rewarding career in an established and well-respected organization that provides variety and ongoing training within a supportive team environment
- Career advancement opportunities – FBC has a promote from within focus
- A pride in knowing that you have had the opportunity to make a positive impact on FBC clients and their operations
- Full company benefits including Medical, Dental, Life, and Disability coverage
- Health Spending Account
- Regular staff social events
- A charitable donation matching program for all staff
At FBC, we pride ourselves on working hard and producing excellent work while maintaining a respectful and professional work environment. We are sure that FBC is a place you will be proud to work at!
This is your chance to contribute to the continued growth of the largest and most experienced rural tax specialist in Canada!
Please submit your cover letter and resumes, in one document, via our careers page at www.fbc.ca (job 2016-1495).
Deadline for submissions: June 4, 2017 or as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Reviews of submissions will begin immediately.
Please Note: while we thank all who are interested and apply for jobs at FBC, only those selected to proceed through the hiring process will be contacted.
Farm Business Consultants (FBC) has helped to Make Life less Taxing for Farm and Small Business owners across Canada for over 60 years. With over 20,000 active Members from British Columbia to Nova Scotia, FBC brings together a strong team of tax experts with one of Canada’s most sophisticated tax engines to ensure our Members pay the least amount of taxes over the long run. Our customers benefit from our industry leading Membership model that provides year round services. Members count on FBC for proactive tax planning, business consulting, the best possible tax return, and the security of audit protection through their Membership. Please visit us at www.fbc.ca to learn more about our wonderful company.
FBC is committed to maintaining a respectful and inclusive workplace. We strive to provide accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation may be made at any stage of the recruitment and selection process providing the applicant meets the bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
To receive a copy of a job posting in an alternative format, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.