Bilingual Administrative Assistant, Correspondence
Consider this great role where you will provide clerical/administrative support to the Correspondence Unit at the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• Maintain correspondence filing and logging system, arrange for mail pick-up and delivery, support editors/writers with final production packages
• Research and compile information to assist editors/writers in drafting replies to correspondence
• Perform reception duties and respond to Ministry Public Inquiry line on a rotational basis
• Provide general information and assistance to the public, senior officials and stakeholders while ensuring confidentiality
• Provide administrative support to the Manager by: typing letter for signature, scheduling appointments, preparing materials for meetings, booking boardrooms, etc.
• Perform other duties as assigned
How do I qualify?
• You possess French language skills at the advanced level.
Administrative Knowledge and Skills
• Administrative knowledge of office procedures/practices to provide secretarial and clerical support to unit and branch
• Knowledge of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act to protect confidentiality
• Knowledge of a multi-line telephone switchboard and reception procedures to provide telephone and counter reception services
• Knowledge and understanding of customer service and quality service standards to direct calls
• Ability to acquire knowledge of the branch, activities of ministry and other ministries to gather and provide verbal and written information in response to general inquiries from the general public, senior officials and stakeholders
Communication, Client Service and Team skills
• You possess excellent oral and written communication skills to greet visitors, respond to public inquiries, compose e-mails and/or letters and ensure accuracy of typed material
• You have excellent customer service skills to assist with reception services and respond to public inquiries
• You have interpersonal skills to request information from others, and deal with inquiries where it is not possible to release information
• You can work in a team environment to achieve branch goals with a demonstrated flexibility to work cooperatively as part of a cross-unit administrative team
• You have knowledge of personal computer operation and word processing, database and communication software such as Word, Excel, tracking and bring forward systems and electronic mail
• You have word processing skills and ability to type 50 words per minute
Organizational, Reasoning and Problem solving skills
• You can establish priorities and meet established time frames
• You can determine extent of information to be provided in response to inquiries, and determine what matters should be given priority or should be checked with supervisor
Salary Range: $22.76 - $26.46 per hour
- 1 Bilingual Permanent, 25 Grosvenor St, Toronto, Toronto Region, General Screening Requirement
- This ad is also available in French.
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Please apply online, only, by Monday, May 29, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 107596 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.