Director of Finance and Risk Management, CWA
Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer for day-to-day operations, the Chief Financial Officer will also offer technical support and coaching as well as inclusion in the Finance Leadership team.
The Director of Finance and Risk Management, CWA is responsible for establishing and leading Birchwood’s Finance & Insurance (“F&I”) strategic initiatives including financial oversight, reporting and risk management of the F&I business.
- An F&I Consultant in a Birchwood Dealership offers professional value building of after-market products and service contracts as well disclosing all contracts and aid customers in creating the best financial package for themselves. They also negotiate deals for prime and nonprime banks and must adhere to strict legal compliance and ethical behavior. F&I Consultants also performed detailed oriented paperwork and packaging of all finance deals.
- Financial Reporting – oversees the preparation of the CWA financial statements and monthly reporting package reported to the CFO and COO. Assesses the financial performance of the company’s operations and identifies opportunities for improvement, or areas of risk.
- Risk Management – monitors the company’s exposure to risk from a financial and regulatory perspective, keeping up on federal & provincial regulations and laws pertaining to the insurance and automotive industry.
- Strategic Planning & Budgeting – establish and execute the strategic plan and budget for CWA, as well as assist in the strategic direction of the dealership network as it relates to F&I.
- Financial Analysis – establish and review key performance indicators. Work collaboratively with Senior Management of the Birchwood Automotive Group to identify opportunities and threats to profitability, as well as implement recommended action plans.
- Third-Party Responsibilities – manages the company’s relationship with various F&I partners of CWA and the Birchwood Automotive Group including major automotive lenders.
- Policies & Procedures – Directs the day-to-day accounting & administration function of CWA, regularly reviewing and refining formal policies & procedures based on changing circumstances and environment.
- Overall Customer Responsibility – directs the day-to-day customer service operations of CWA by establishing and executing effective, professional claims adjudication processes.
- Training Initiatives – develop and oversee implementation of training curriculums and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related discipline
- Minimum 2 years as a qualified CPA (CA, CMA, CGA).
- Previous insurance experience would be considered an asset.
- Experience developing, reviewing, and continuously improving internal processes & procedures.
- Strong background in data analytics is required.
- Demonstrated ability in leading and managing project work and delegating project-based workloads.
- Strong relationship management skills built on negotiation, communication and conflict resolution.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit