At Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation (“CSEC”) we deliver excitement. Our mission to connect people with sports and entertainment is our passion. If an industry that’s fast paced, dynamic, and passionate about guest experience excites you, come and join our team!
We are looking for a Director, Food Service to make an impact on developing our people and implementing seasonal and long-term business strategies to drive operations and services within the department.
Role and Leadership
- Coach and mentor food service team members to improve people, products and business processes.
- Foster a cohesive, engaged and positive team.
- Create effective working relationships with food services team members, business partners and external stakeholders.
- Drive food services team members by providing guidance through a solution focused approach.
- Develop and implement strategies for increasing revenues and reducing operating expenses.
- Provide motivation and mentoring management staff by empowering, delegating and encouraging on-going professional development.
- Create annual budgets and objectives which contribute to the overall success of the department.
- Prepare budget presentation for management and ownership groups.
- Develop and implement KPI’s that focus on providing key information for decision making.
- Maximize the food services operations and revenue through excellent management and oversight of policies, procedures and systems.
- Champion cultural enhancements to be guest centric while promoting the company values and mission statements.
- Provide strategic leadership around staff planning, recruitment and training programs.
- Continuously analyze food services operations to develop and implement changes in a positive and sensitive manner.
- Practice safe behaviors and provide guidance around safety to direct and indirect reports.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Post-secondary education focused on Hospitality or Business Management is ideal.
- 10+ years of progressive management experience within a hospitality venue.
- 5+ years of financial management and strategic planning.
- Knowledge of the hospitality industry and a multifaceted organization.
- Must be able to take direction and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Mission: Inspire our team to deliver exceptional experiences.
- Vision: to be recognized as leaders in the hospitality industry through our commitment to deliver inspired experiences by leveraging innovation, operational excellence and investment in people.
- Teamwork – through great Leadership – fostering trust in our teams, our partners, our fans and our community.
- Integrity – doing the right thing at all times and in all circumstances.
- Courtesy – demonstrating respect and consideration for others.
- Strive for Excellence – in all that we do by taking pride in everything that we do.
- Accountability – completely responsible for the actions we take.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit