OTIP (Ontario Teachers Insurance Plan) is a member-focused, service-driven organization that puts people, both our members and our employees, first. We are committed to providing a positive work environment and to developing careers. We’re looking for someone to lead our team as a:
If the above sounds like you, then consider OTIP for your next career move!
As a member of our Office Services team, your responsibilities will include:
- Greeting visitors and fielding incoming calls, answering or referring inquiries, as required.
- Directing visitors using the employee and department directories.
- Monitoring telephone lines and systems, and reporting problems to the Information Technology Services department for repair.
- Maintaining the lobby television, this includes posting special events and welcome notices to visitors.
- Authorizing receipt of special deliveries and distributing deliveries to appropriate personnel, as required.
- Responsible for the day-to-day security system operation, including programming of access cards, maintaining door access, and issuing photo ID and visitor access.
If this opportunity sounds interesting, and you meet the following requirements, you might be the person we’re looking for. We need someone who has:
- A secondary school diploma.
- A minimum of one year’s experience in Office Administration as a Receptionist or in a related field.
- The ability to communicate in French is required.
- Exceptional communication skills and a pleasant telephone manner.
- The demonstrated ability to deal effectively with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Superior time-management and organizational skills to manage competing priorities.
OTIP is more than just a place to work. In addition to competitive salaries and industry-leading benefits, OTIP offers a work environment where your opinions are valued and expected! Our employees have the opportunity to provide feedback on departmental goals, to participate on committees, to work collaboratively, and to continuously improve their professional skills. As one of Waterloo Area’s Top Employers for 2017, awarded by Toronto-based publisher Mediacorp Canada, we take pride in our employee programs, including health and wellness initiatives, charity involvement, social events and much more! To recruit the best, we offer the best. For more information on OTIP and its Group of Companies (TW, CURO), our company culture, and perks we offer, visit the ‘Life at OTIP’ page on our website.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online.
OTIP and its Group of Companies strive to create an accessible and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. Upon individual request, OTIP and its Group of Companies will endeavour to remove any barrier to the recruitment and selection processes and provide accommodations for persons with disabilities.
OTIP and its Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for showing an interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted