The primary focus of the Senior Financial Advisor/ Account Manager, Retail Banking is to enhance current relationships with CWB clients and attract new customers by providing knowledgeable, courteous and efficient delivery of CWB Group’s retail deposits, loans and mutual fund products and services.
You will handle…
- Assist in the preparation, monitoring and implementation of the of the annual business plan with emphasis on the retail operation.
- Develop a portfolio of retail clients with a strong emphasis on a high quality portfolio and effective risk management.
- Provide personal financial planning services to clients and prospects through the sale of retirement products, investment products (including Mutual Funds), and other CWB offerings.
- Analyze, prepare, recommend and approve credit requests within discretionary limit, ensuring applications exhibit quality risk assessment and analysis as well as appropriate pricing.
- Minimize loan delinquency and revenue loss through implementation of programs and procedures to identify and manage problem loans.
- Ensure regular branch activities are consistently followed to ensure effective client contact is maintained to develop relationships and identify client needs, as well as to probe/listen for new growth opportunities.
- Develop a strategy and a schedule for each account or prospect, identifying business potential, both financial and operational.
- Ensure timely and consistent follow-up for account reviews.
- Ensure required reports and other financial data is received and analyzed promptly in accordance with conditions of loan commitment/authorization.
- Assist the Manager, Retail Banking, as directed, in marketing and planning activities.
- Ensure regular branch activities with the Commercial Account Managers, by referrals or joint client meetings, to identify opportunities with clients such as employee-banking packages and personal products and services for the principals of the businesses.
- Recommend credit requests in excess of assigned lending authority to the AVP & Branch Manager or their delegate.
- Participate in activities outside of CWB to generate business and enhance CWB’s image with clients, the industry and the community.
- Ensure policy and procedures are followed to ensure the branch’s retail administration is functioning effectively and complies with applicable policies & regulatory requirements in all areas of retail banking and retail operations including lending, deposits & investments, and mutual funds. Ensure an inspection rating of Satisfactory is maintained with limited major and repeat findings identified.
- Ensure the safety of the Bank’s funds through proper loan portfolio management focusing on loan quality, exposure limits, and security requirements.
- Prepare and monitor monthly and quarterly reports.
- Prepare new and renewal credit applications for all classes of retail lending (lines of credit, personal loans, insured and conventional mortgages, etc.)
- Ensure all security documents are completed in accordance with established guidelines.
- Ensure the Branch’s Retail Strategic Plan is effectively communicated to the retail team.
- Prepare and implement weekly/monthly meetings to communicate progress of branch goals and objectives.
- Provide ongoing coaching with retail management and staff to develop skills and confidence which will enhance client relationships and grow the retail banking portfolios.
Working with CWB means you will…
- Inspire trust by being open, honest and direct in communication, meeting commitments and behaving ethically in all dealings
- Treat all stakeholders with professionalism, dignity and respect and support an environment where people can contribute and excel
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills that contribute to working effectively in a diverse working environment
- Accept responsibility and accountability for actions and results
- Make decisions guided by common sense and sound business judgement
- Prepare and regularly review annual goals and career development plan with manager/supervisor
- Promote cooperation and commitment within the CWB Group towards the attainment of common goals enabling productive group interactions.
- Diploma/Degree in related field
- Mutual Funds License or equivalent course completion
- PFP / CFP an asset
- Minimum 6 – 7 years banking experience and an understanding of all aspects of retail lending.
- Supervisory experience an asset
- Proven experience in business development specific to marketing and sales.
- Strong knowledge of all Bank products & services.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ensures and maintains client satisfaction with the product and services offered by CWB and our partner companies
- Clearly conveys information using the tools necessary, engaging the audience to ensure the message is delivered and understood, creating a positive first impression with confidence and respect
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Proven customer service and troubleshooting skills
- Exceptional conflict resolution and objection handling skills
- Makes timely, informed decisions that take into account facts, goals, constraints and risks
- Responds well to change - able to accept change, with a positive attitude, as a natural occurrence of any business
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit