FIRST STUDENT, North America’s largest & leading school bus company is training and hiring steady part-time and spare drivers for September routes RIGHT NOW.
Steady part-time position, steady income supplement. Competitive wages and a NEW HEALTH BENEFITS PROGRAM FOR SCHOOL BUS DRIVERS in our Brampton/Caledon location starting September 2017. No mandatory night or weekend work. Get qualified & trained now, enjoy the rest of the summer off & be all set for September.
HOURS OF WORK
Approximately 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM, Monday to Friday (September to June) on school days only; Ideal for retirees, self-employed people with flexible schedules, or stay-at-home moms or dads; In many cases you may even be able to bring your toddler along with you (ask about child ride along).
YOU WILL ENJOY
- Safely driving students to and from school, following a set route during the school year;
- FREE FRIENDLY, TOP-NOTCH PROFESSIONAL TRAINING;
- Brand new HEALTH BENEFITS plan for School Bus Drivers;
- Performing daily vehicle safety inspections;
- Communicating clearly and interacting with parents, school employees, passengers, co-workers & the public in a courteous, professional manner;
- Being part of a world-class organization;
- Opportunities for potential advancement;
- Extra assignments may be available at many locations, but are not mandatory;
- Competitive wages, a well-maintained fleet of automatic vehicles;
- 'Making a difference' in the lives of children and continue to have lots of free time for yourself, your family or your other interests.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES MUST
- Meet the minimum age requirements to hold a school bus driver’s licence in your province (and company standard minimum 21 years of age);
- Have at least 3 years of driving experience with at least 1 year in North America;
- Hold a valid (non-probationary) driver's licence and a very good driving record;
- Communicate clearly in English or French (depending on the area and school district requirements); •Undergo & pass a Ministry prescribed Medical examination, drug testing, criminal record search, vulnerable sector clearance and other background checks.
Free summer training classes are being scheduled right now. Select ‘Apply Now’ to submit an online application.
First Student is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority.