CFIB takes direction from members in every business sector across Canada (including 10,000 in Alberta) giving independent business a strong and influential voice at all levels of government, supporting them with the tools, advice and resources they need and providing them with exclusive savings and services.
We are looking for you to help us deliver on our mission! We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Counsellor in our Calgary Office location. In this role, reporting to the Director of Provincial Affairs, in our Calgary Office, you will express your passion for helping business owners by providing them with sound advice and tools to help them run their business.
- Receive and respond to inquiries from Canadian business owners regarding operations issues including; human resources, financing, taxation, regulation and labour legislation by phone or email.
- Keep up-to-date with pertinent legislation affecting small-medium enterprises and determine relevancy to incoming inquiries.
- Liaise with government agencies to obtain interpretation of regulations on behalf of business owners.
- Prepare correspondence to external parties, highlighting specific member concerns.
- Develop and maintain practical business information for our website and create content for our monthly e-newsletter.
- Track requests from business owners and prepare reports to summarize and highlight trends.
- Handle general administrative work including; answering phones, proofing/formatting reports.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to project a positive and professional image of CFIB to internal and external contacts.
- A high degree of integrity, confidentiality and tact, and work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Work well interdependently in a collaborative environment with cross functional colleagues.
- Proven customer service, problem solving, writing and multi-tasking skills.
- A strong understanding of Human Resources issues and legislation for Alberta
- Knowledge of government legislation and understanding of small-medium size businesses current issues is an asset.
- Post-secondary training in business administration or equivalent with a minimum of 3-5 years of practical experience.
- Additional specialist responsibilities with national Human Resource experience is an asset.
We have a great team in our Calgary Office and a highly professional and collaborative environment. We are conveniently located in downtown Calgary with close proximity to the c-train and transit.
As Canada’s largest association of small and medium-sized businesses, CFIB is in business to provide them with the resources they need, give them more value, and have their voice heard at all level of governments.
Be a part of the solution and apply today!
CFIB is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities through the interview process and while employed. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.