SANDVIK COROMANT is seeking a
Location: Mississauga, ON
If you are an engineer with component processing and CAM programming experience in the cutting tool industry and would like to work for the fastest growing player in the industry, Sandvik Coromant wants to speak with you!
Sandvik Coromant is the world’s leading supplier of tools, tooling solutions and know-how to the metalworking industry. With extensive investments in research and development we create unique innovations and set new productivity standards together with our customers. These include the world's major automotive, aerospace and energy industries. We have 8,000 employees and are represented in 130 countries, uniquely positioning us to set the industry standard for high technology manufacturing now and for the future. Sandvik Coromant is part of the business area Sandvik Machining Solutions within the 150-year old global industrial group Sandvik.
As a Project Engineer, you will be responsible for defining advanced metal cutting processes as well as producing advanced CAM programs for 3/4/5-axis and multi-task machine tools, while applying the latest machining techniques. You will also work across multifunctional teams to support sales growth in the Americas, and collaborate with customers to ensure optimal machining capabilities. You will prove-out specified processes and programs, and also develop new process capabilities, as well as new machining and manufacturing techniques specific to Sandvik Coromant tooling. You have a proven Customer First attitude in your approach.
Additionally in this role, you will:
- Create manufacturing processes and layouts utilizing selected software
- Produce machine simulations and become proficient using other software packages for presentations, projects and training.
- Prepare presentation materials and execute presentations for internal and external customers.
- Define machining processes, tooling and parameters for components of all industry segments.
Skills, Educational & Experience Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years’ of manufacturing experience in working with metal cutting tools
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent relevant experience
- Excellent presentation skills, and are able to communicate effectively in a diversity of situations
- Strong understanding of various machining techniques including milling, turning and drilling, as well as machine tool capabilities
- Proficiency using CAM software
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to quality solutions and customer service
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 30% (Domestic & International)
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Compensation and Benefits
Sandvik offers a comprehensive compensation package including a retirement savings plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits, and ongoing development & training.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Project Engineer job opening #353239.
We thank all applicants but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential