Sandvik Canada, Inc. is seeking a
Senior Environmental, Health & Safety Coordinator
Location: Mississauga, ON
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. Our offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Currently we are seeking a Senior Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Coordinator who is responsible for coordinating health and safety programs to ensure mandatory compliance as per legislative requirements; administer workers’ compensation claims; tracks and reports incident statistics for Canada; and tracks training records and works with other members of the EHS team to coordinate required training.
Additional duties include:
- Administer health & safety orientation for all new employees
- Responsible common EHS programs in cooperation with the Sandvik Team.
- Ongoing awareness and implementation of legislative requirements across provinces
- Act as EHS representative for external communications
- Drive development of policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), working closely with HR team to bring policy recommendations to the EHS team
- Work with the E-Learning Management (ELM) coordinator for safety training initiatives
- Maintenance of legal registries for Group
- Coordinator for crisis management
Worker’s compensation claims management:
- Administer all work-related claims submissions
- Be aware of and help coordinate incident claims within Sandvik Canada; ensure investigation documentation is completed and sent to external worker’s compensation agency and employee in a timely fashion
- Oversee return to work (RTW) program
- Report on injury, LTI, near miss stats regularly, internally and externally, and analyze and recommend improvements
- Work with all external worker’s compensation agencies on rebate initiatives
- Represent Sandvik for any worker’s compensation appeals
- Post-secondary education in Health & Safety field
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a health and safety coordinator role or similar
- Experience with ISO 14001 2015 & ISO 18001 2007
- Experience supporting and managing RTW initiatives
- Strong knowledge of legislative occupational health and safety (multi-province)
- Demonstrated experience with policy development, training development and roll out
- First Aid and JHSC certification
- Bilingual - French/English preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency (MS Office, Outlook etc.)
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
Sandvik offers a comprehensive compensation package including a retirement savings plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits, ongoing development and training.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to job opening #353357. We thank all applicants but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential.