Are you interested in working with a great team to help at-risk youth? If so, bring your strong administrative and problem-solving skills to the Ministry of Children and Youth Services, where you can provide operational and administrative support to the branch and assist Probation Officers with the reintegration/rehabilitation of at-risk youths and young offenders.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• Transcribe and type correspondence, reports, documents
• Provide telephone and reception duties
• Maintain client and office files
• Support Probation Officers in preparing, searching, and updating files and records
• Enter, check, and interpret computerized data in order to ensure proper sentence calculation
• Liaise with other offices, courts, and relevant stakeholders to exchange information and resolve issues
• Distribute mail and messages appropriately
How do I qualify?
You have advanced oral and written French communication skills.
• You have knowledge of office administration policies, procedures and practices to provide administrative support to the branch (i.e. processing invoices and expense claims and making purchases, maintaining electronic and hard copy records).
• You have experience using knowledge of Criminal Justice system policies, legislation, procedures and activities to respond to inquiries, maintain Youth OTIS Elite database system, and prepare correspondence and reports.
Office Administration Skills:
• You have demonstrated experience using arithmetic to prepare expense claims and maintain program financial records.
• You have proven knowledge of the operations of office equipment such as photocopier and facsimile to photocopy material and transmit correspondence.
• You have experience making meeting/travel arrangements that meet staff/schedule requirements, and tracking mail/correspondence.
Problem-Solving and Analytical Skills:
• You use problem-solving skills to respond tactfully to inquiries, prioritize work and refer issues as required.
• You have strong accuracy and attention to detail in order to enter information/updates into Youth OTIS Elite database, prepare sentence calculations, supervision dates, and YOTIS calculations, and prepare and update files for Young Persons.
• You are experienced in ensuring relevance when gathering and organizing materials and information and determining the most effective format for materials.
• You have proven oral communication skills to request and provide information to ministry staff and the general public, provide reception services and coordinate and arrange meetings.
• You have demonstrated written communication skills to prepare reports, memoranda, presentations with graphics, maintain records and produce reports using computer software such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Salary Range: $23.10 - $26.86 per hour
- 1 Bilingual Temporary, duration up to 12 months (with possibility of extension), 217 York St, London, West Region, Enhanced - Vulnerable Services Sector Screening Requirement
- This ad is also available in French.
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
- You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Please apply online, only, by Tuesday, August 1, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 110243 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.