Join First Student as Shop Manager!
The Shop Manager oversees shop functions, assets, supervises work activities, vehicle preventative maintenance, vehicle repairs and general building maintenance, ensuring compliance with company and regulatory requirements.
Shop Manager Responsibilities:
- Schedule and supervise all shop activities to ensure maximum productivity through VMS computer program
- Makes recommendations and obtain quotations for facility upgrades for the annual capital budgeting process. Participates in setting shop budget and conducts monthly reviews with Branch Manager to ensure goals are being met and discuss variances to plan.
- Ensure branch fleet is maintained to government and company requirements
- Maintain company facilities in a clean, safe and environmentally sound manner
- Oversee the performance of Brake, Safety and PM inspections
- Monthly reporting to the District Director of Maintenance
- Participate in company provided educational programs to ensure compliance with all aspects of health, safety and environmental regulations
Education Required: Grade 12 Education
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Valid S & T mechanics licence with diesel experience.
- At least 3 years supervisory or fleet management experience preferred
- Knowledge of VMS or similar fleet maintenance system
- Must have strong communication, organizational skills and management skills.
- Excellent computer skills
WORKING CONDITIONS: Shop/Garage Environment
Apply online today to become a part of our team!
First Student is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority.