At First Student, our Dispatchers are a constant reflection of our company’s commitment to safety and customer service. The Dispatcher is responsible for dispatching all buses, ensuring on-time performance of routes, and counseling drivers and monitors on front line.
At First Student, we are proud to offer:
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence across North America;
- Positive and rewarding work environment.
- Oversees all routes and scheduling of buses;
- Counsels and coaches drivers and monitors;
- Handles heavy phone and radio traffic;
- Takes all scheduling and driver complaints, report to Operations Supervisor/Contract Manager;
- Serves as primary communication liaison with major contracted customer;
- May handle charter reservations, billing, or driver payroll;
- Provides solutions to drop-off and pick-up problems;
- Handle back-up driver duties or perform miscellaneous clerical duties as needed;
- Completes assignment of special projects;
- Assists with supervision of day-to-day operations.
Dispatcher Experience and Skills Required:
- 3-5 years’ experience;
;High school diploma or equivalent;
- Basic knowledge of radio dispatch equipment;
- Excellent communication and customer service skills;
- Ability to deliver under time constraints and deadlines;
- Previous terminal operations, dispatch, or driver experience;
- Computer literate.
First Student is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority.