Senior Business Analyst
Come join the Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration’s Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP), where you will lead/conduct comprehensive analysis of business/investment proposals submitted under the OINP business streams, provide strategic advice, expertise, research and financial analysis on business immigration issues, and lead outreach and promotion activities to increase awareness of the business streams among potential investors and foreign entrepreneurs. Under the OINP, entrepreneurs looking to implement a new business idea and key staff of corporations seeking to expand operations in Ontario can be nominated by the Province for permanent residence.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this position, you will:
• provide input and expertise to the design and development of strategies and approaches to promote Ontario as an investment and business location;
• independently assess, review and evaluate business development proposals to identify proposals and submissions that are viable, extend invitations to apply to the relevant business stream, and ensure timelines and eligibility criteria are met;
• develop recommendations for senior management and/or the Minister on the approval of business stream proposal submissions;
• implement and monitor the progress of approved business stream projects;
• research and conduct environmental scans to identify factors to attract entrepreneurs and investment opportunities;
• develop strategies to enhance Ontario's overall economic competitiveness and opportunities to attract business immigrants/investors in key target sectors;
• conduct outreach and promotion activities with external stakeholders to raise awareness of the Province's business immigration programs and services, and maintain close relationships with other ministries and levels of government.
How do I qualify?
• General Security Clearance
• Requirement to work irregular hours and schedules
• Occasional travel within Ontario and internationally
• Proficiency in oral French at the advanced level
You have the ability to gain knowledge of:
• federal and provincial legislation and agreements/programs related to business immigration (e.g. Ontario Immigration Act, Entrepreneur Start-up Visa Program, etc.).
You have knowledge of:
• theory, principles and methodologies of economics, finance and business administration, investment and marketing and business management operations and requirements to analyze client business plans and assess commercial viability of business immigration or investment proposals;
• research and economic analysis principles and techniques;
• business/commercial intelligence gathering and business/economic analytical techniques.
• provide advice, interpretation and expertise to senior management on supporting analytical and research findings;
• review and assess strategic business proposals/client applications against a variety of macro level business/economic considerations in the business immigration framework.
• business acumen to focus on the key objectives and recognize the relevant options available when providing advice and guidance to business immigrants;
• political acuity to engage with multiple levels within governments for information and decision-making purposes.
Communication and Presentation Skills:
• verbal communication and consultation skills to communicate effectively and in culturally appropriate ways when providing technical advice/counsel to clients on developing strategies for successful business immigration;
• written communication skills to prepare detailed analyses, reports, papers, recommendations, briefing notes, letters, and presentations;
• presentation skills to provide comprehensive briefings to senior management on recommendations resulting from the detailed analyses of client applications and business plans.
Relationship and Partnership Management Skills:
• develop and sustain rapport, credibility and effective working relationships with senior business and government officials in Ontario and other jurisdictions;
• develop and maintain a broad network of contacts (business/industry, governments, representative associations) that will provide reliable and relevant commercial intelligence.
Salary Range: $1,396.11 - $1,781.96 per week
- 1 Bilingual Permanent, 400 University Ave, Toronto, Toronto Region, General Screening Requirement
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Please apply online, only, by Monday, August 28, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 111039 in the job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.