The Salvation Army is seeking an experienced Bilingual Payroll Accountant who will be responsible for all aspects of bi-weekly payroll processing of salaried and hourly employees. This includes but is not limited to: setting up new employees, calculating retroactive payments, manual cheques, severance pays, RRSP and benefits adjustments, garnishments, union dues, processing timesheets for numerous locations, Records of Employment (ROE) etc. The incumbent will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a professional attitude and the ability to interact with all levels of an organization.
The incumbent is responsible for:
• Processing a number of bi-weekly payrolls from New Hire to Termination on a national level.
• Completing payrolls in a timely, accurate and discreet fashion while adhering to all levels of Federal and Provincial government agencies as well as company policies and numerous unions.
• Balancing and preparing various third party payments by completing appropriate vouchers and documentation while ensuring payments are remitted accurately and on time.
• Preparing and distributing miscellaneous payroll reports to both internal and external clients
• Ensuring suspense and liability accounts are regularly reconciled and cleared.
• Assisting in year-end reconciliation of T4, T4A and Releve slips in preparation of year-end reporting to CRA and RQ.
• Fluent in English and French
• University Degree or Post-secondary education – Community College
• At least 5 years of related experience preferably in a large organization with multiple unions
• Canadian Payroll Association certification (or working towards one)
• Proficiency and working knowledge of computerized payroll systems, preferably Ultipro
• Ability to prioritize and effectively manage varying deadlines
• Advanced Excel knowledge
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills
Please apply at: https://salvation-army.fluidreview.com
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.