We are seeking a bilingual communicator who is starting out in their career. If you are a recent graduate with communications credentials, 1 to 2 years related work experience and excellent written and verbal skills in both official languages, then this is the opportunity for you.
Based in Peel Region and reporting to the Director of Communications you will be responsible for providing support and the coordination of communications activities including contributing to content for websites and social media sites as well as providing administrative support to the Director.
The Communications Coordinator will assist in proactively seeking media coverage for agency initiatives and events as well as researching, writing and pitching story ideas. The successful candidate will also have good time management and project management skills.
This position supports and contributes to Peel CAS’s commitment to Leadership and Excellence along with the Agency’s mission, values and strategic initiatives.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using social media channels and writing compelling content
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills in French and English
- Experience working with GTA media and ability to successfully pitch story ideas
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive matters
- Good time management and project management skills including the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Technical knowledge including presentation software and/or other multimedia software and Microsoft office suite.
College diploma or degree in Public Relations and/or Communications with 1 to 2 years of progressive related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
SALARY: Grade 11 Union (53,924 - 66,457)
Peel CAS is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process please inform human resources so that we can ensure your equal participation in the process.