The JBCA is expanding its Canadian team with a part-time Business Development Associate to report directly to the Program Manager and assist in the promotion of visits to the Juno Beach Centre in France to Tour Operators in Canada and outside Europe. Eight hours per week is currently the anticipated average workload with the potential for flexibility in the days or hours worked. Certain periods will require additional hours per week to properly support annual conferences. Occasional travel to participate in Tour Operator conferences may be required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- · Study the market segments in Canada in order to develop appropriate promotion approach and material
- · Management of Tour Operator (“TO”) databases and lists
- · Promotion of visits to the JBC by TO’s and others
- · Promotion of the JBC as a destination for tourists
- · Identify promotion opportunities in the tourism networks in Canada (trade fairs, conferences…)
- · Attend annual conferences of TO’s in Canada as may be approved and required
- · Address general inquiries about visiting the Juno Beach Centre
- · Other related tasks as assigned
The successful candidate is driven and have experience with travel and Tours. The ability to communicate effectively and respectfully on the phone and in person with potential visitors and and the general public is essential to this position.
General requirements include:
- · Experience working in the Travel and Tourism sector with a focus on France.
- · Bilingual (French/English) will be considered an essential asset
- · Good written and oral communications skills on both languages.
- · Experience with office technology and information systems (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database management).
- · Flexible and easily adaptable to change
- · Valid driver’s license
- · A willingness and ability to work flexible hours with occasional evenings and/or weekend events.
How to apply:
If you have a passion and respect for Canada’s veterans and their contribution to our society and would like to make your mark in the growth of a nationally focused non-profit organization, please submit your resumé and cover letter to: JBCA Program Manager via email (with “Business Development Associate” in the subject line) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. The application deadline is 01-10-2017, though submissions will be reviewed upon reception. Prospective candidates may be contacted for an interview prior to the formal closing date. Remuneration is commensurate with experience.
For information about the Juno Beach Centre, visit www.junobeach.org.