Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is seeking
Bilingual (English/French) Human Resources Generalists (2)
12 month contract
Location: Lively Ontario
For over 150 years the name Sandvik has been synonymous with quality and customer focus. Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry. Our offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling. We are currently seeking a Bilingual Human Resources Generalist to join our team.
The Human Resources Generalist will provide guidance to Managers and Employees in support of Human Resources related matters including but not limited to: Performance Management, Recruitment, Communications, Compensation, Employment Legislation and other employee lifecycle needs.
- Guiding managers through the management of general employee relations issues including performance management and development, potential disciplinary actions, handling grievances
- Providing advice on the application of policy and local employment law in employee cases
- Coaching managers in order to develop their capability and confidence in managing people and employment issues
- Providing performance management support and recommending employee training and development
- Providing assistance to line supervisors in the preparation of performance appraisals;
- Drafting policies and procedures as required;
- Assist in the application of legal permits –averaging agreement, excess hours agreement; for business exceptions; Liaising with Country Governance to ensure local registry is maintained and tracking of permits is done
- Support the HR Team- Lead with any Ministry of Labour (MOL) complaints, assisting in MOL investigations, if required assisting with MOL complaints that may proceed to court;
- Providing assistance to HR team regarding harassment investigations or Bill 168 investigations;
- Provide coaching and advice to hiring managers in identifying organizational needs and team dynamics
- Provide documentation, guidance and support to people managers for termination of employment (both voluntary and non-voluntary)
- Managing full cycle recruitment process including:
- Providing assistance and guidance to supervisors and managers for the development of job/role profiles including clear definition of performance expectations, skills and abilities;
- Reviewing all job advertisements for accuracy and consistency prior to forwarding for posting;
- Developing and amending interview questions as required;
- Participating in Interviews;
- Performing reference checks for senior roles;
- Responsible for delivering new employee orientation and ensuring new employee orientation is current and up to date;
- Work with Immigration advisor for the completion of required documentation of foreign work permit application and providing guidance and support for Canadian and International relocation; ensure coordination of applications with Core - HR
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business or a related field or equivalent experience
- English-French bilingual proficiency required (both spoken and written)
- Minimum 2-4 years' of experience in a Human Resources Generalist role with focus on recruitment and employee relations
- Understanding in human resources best practices in employee relations, performance management and organizational support including identifying risk and potential legal issues
- Demonstrated experience applying employment standards and labour legislation to practical employee situations
- Ability to understand and support the business’s goals and requirements and use problem solving experience to address issues with respect to employee relations matters
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online at http://www.home.sandvik/en/careers/job-search/ to Job Opening #354234.
We thank all applicants for their response, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential.