Farm Business Consultants (FBC) has helped to Make Life less Taxing for Farm and Small Business owners across Canada for 65 years. With over 50,000 Members from British Columbia to Nova Scotia, FBC brings together a strong team of tax experts to ensure our Members pay the least amount of taxes over the long run. Our customers benefit from our industry leading tax proprietary software and Membership model that provides year-round services. Our Members count on FBC for proactive tax planning, business consulting, the best possible tax return, and the security of audit protection through their Membership. Please visit us at www.fbc.ca to learn more about our service and product offerings.
FBC is growing and we are currently accepting applications for Business Development Representative.
This position will report into our Edmonton, AB office however we are seeking a highly motivated and energetic individual to help us grow our business in and around the city. If you have a passion for customer service and a talent for building relationships, apply today!
We are on the search for a proven hunter. You are a unique person who loves to network! You understand territory and activity management. You turn on your professional consultative sales talents once you're meeting with a prospect and you constantly strive to understand what the prospect needs.
You will be responsible for growing company revenues and driving the acquisition of new Members within our target markets. You will lead your sales strategy and plan, including referrals, prospecting, sales pipeline management, and lead follow-up. Our target market is rural entrepreneurs: farm and small business owners who need more than just a tax return. For our Members, it's about integrity in the sales process.
You have a track record of leveraging your communication network, establishing strong relationships and working closely with local branch teams. You have solid prospecting skills and know how to dig for leads to cold call. You will receive on-going hands on training along with one-on-one coaching from senior sales staff.
Our ideal candidate will be looking for the next exciting step in their career where they can utilize their experience in social media, marketing and/or advertising.
This is a work from home position, with regular meetings/training taking place at the Edmonton branch office. A base, commission and bonus are offered. Target income in year one is 65K with the ability to earn 100K+ after your first year with no ceiling.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE
As our successful candidate, you demonstrate:
- A proven sales track record and sales skills
- The ability to close sales and handle objections
- Drive, motivation, tenacity and resourcefulness in order to achieve your goals
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professional demeanor
- Strong relationship management, networking and account strategy capabilities
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with the ability to present in both formal and informal settings
- Superior time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Exceptional business development skills; experience bringing in new accounts
- The ability to work autonomously yet collaborate with the branch team
- Successful track record using a “hunter” approach to sales
- Exceptional interpersonal tact and diplomacy, listening and presentation skills and a history of long-term, high-trust, respectful customer relationships
FBC’s COMMITMENT TO YOUR SUCCESS
- Strong support to develop and implement your own territory sales strategy
- Comprehensive lead generation and marketing support
- A suite of customizable social media and web based marketing resources
- Trade show and event assistance
- Extensive networking opportunities
- Pre-prepared segment prospect lists
- Career development through our professional learning and sales coaching program
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
As our successful candidate, you will:
- Proactively prospect for new clients and generate leads. You take ownership to create a funnel of opportunities within your assigned territory through sales calls, cold calls, presentations and referral follow up
- Clearly communicate FBC’s value proposition and the value that FBC membership delivers through presentations to individuals and groups
- Skillfully identify potential Members needs and present appropriate solutions. Skilled in solution sales you ask the right questions to uncover true needs and areas where FBC can add value
- Effectively close your sales. You are skilled in moving your prospects to take action, handling any objections and supporting them through each step of the sales process
- Operate with integrity and demonstrate credibility to build Member rapport, trust and lay the foundation of a long-term FBC relationship with the Member
- Utilize sales systems and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software to manage your sales funnel, organize your sales activities, and record your sales results
- Leverage the range of FBC marketing solutions and support including social media, events, presentations and generated appointments to drive sales within your territory
- Actively manage your sales territory, creating a plan and prioritizing your activities to deliver your sales goals
Education and Experience
- Three (3) or more years of outside sales experience, preferably dealing with services/intangibles
- Experience in customer service, customer relations, or key account management
- A post-secondary education in Marketing, Business or Finance is preferred - equivalent, relevant work experience will be considered
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics or other Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software is an asset
- Use of computers for data tracking, reports, e-mail, and setting appointments is a must
- The ability to work in an office as well as in a home office environment
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle for out of town travel (some overnight travel may be required)
In return for your dedication and hard work, we provide marketing support and a superior remuneration structure that rewards performance.
A career with FBC also provides:
- An opportunity to build a long-term career in an established and well-respected organization
- An environment which provides variety, ongoing training, and a supportive team environment
- A chance to make a difference for your Members and their business operations
- Medical, Dental, Life, and Disability benefits and a Health Spending Account
- A varied work environment including rural locations, small businesses and Members’ homes
- Annual one week sales incentive trips to hot destinations! Past destinations include St. Lucia, Costa Rica and the Dominican Republic!
- Career advancement and the ability to apply to work in any of our branch locations across Canada
At FBC, we pride ourselves on working hard while maintaining a respectful and professional work environment. We are sure that FBC is a place you will be proud to work at.
Join us and build a career with FBC!
Please submit your cover letter and resume, in one document, directly to this job opportunity at https://careersen-fbc.icims.com/jobs/1536/business-development-%28sales%29-representative---edmonton%2c-ab/job.
Deadline for applications: November 5, 2017 or as soon as a suitable candidate is found
Please note: while we thank you for your interest, only those applicants selected to proceed through the hiring process will be contacted directly.
Additional opportunities may be viewed on our careers page at www.fbc.ca.
FBC is committed to maintaining a respectful and inclusive workplace. We strive to provide accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation may be made at any stage of the recruitment and selection process providing the applicant meets the bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
To receive a copy of a job posting in an alternative format, please contact us at email@example.com.