CareRx was created with one goal in mind – to provide the best possible pharmacy experience for care facilities, retirement homes and home nursing. We have developed our business model from the perspective of the customers and partners that we hope to service. Locally owned and operated, CareRx is invested in the community and committed to improving the lives and care needs for residents and their families. Our management team has over 40 years’ experience servicing the community through our ownership and management of other retail pharmacy outlets in British Columbia. CareRx is a member of the Centric Health Group of Companies, a privately-held organization whose vision is to be one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers in Canada with an unwavering commitment to deliver a superior quality of care.
The Pharmacy Manager is responsible for ensuring that day to day operations of the pharmacy.
As a Pharmacy Manager you will create a patient focused environment that excels in customer/patient care by dispensing prescriptions, consulting with patients and supporting long term care facilities, retirement homes and home nursing. Leading a small team of pharmacy professionals you will create and enhance the pharmacy culture. Our hours of operation are Monday to Friday 9-5, on call and weekends may be required from time to time based on volume and patient needs.
Your Day To Day
- Provides clinical oversight to all staffing teams
- Ensures all medication fulfillment processes are accurate and efficiently managed
- Lead and motivate a team of pharmacy professionals
- Delegation of operational processes and work
- Active hands on role in the pharmacy which will include:
- Advising on the administration, uses and effects of medication, drug incompatibilities and contra-indications;
- Checking prescriptions for proper dosage;
- Compounding prescribed pharmaceutical products;
- Dispensing prescribed pharmaceuticals;
- Patient counselling and medication reviews;
- Maintaining medication profiles of customers;
- Ensuring proper storage of pharmaceutical products;
- Maintenance of pharmacy stock through inventory control systems;
- Manage returns and outdated medications with ongoing review;
- Advising customers on selection and use of non-prescription medication;
- Ensure issues or concerns with long term care homes or retirement homes are addressed in a timely manner
- Responsible for maintaining good standings with the facility leads
- Report medication incidents to Director of Pharmacy Operations within 72 hours
- Ensure compliance with the regulations bound by the College of Pharmacist of British Columbia, Fair Pharmacare and standard operating procedures
- Responsible for recording accurate payroll hours and adjusting accordingly on a daily basis
What You Will Bring To The Team
- Licensed Pharmacist in the Province of British Columbia
- Member in good standing with the BC Pharmacy Association
- Graduate from an accredited school
- Knowledge of Kroll Pharmacy Systems
- 2-5 years of pharmacy management experience an asset
- Excellent computer knowledge
- Supervisory experience in retail, LTC and/or hospital pharmacy desirable
- Long Term Care Pharmacy experience considered an asset
- Customer service mindset – Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills
- High level of professionalism, energy, enthusiasm and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Efficient time management abilities; effective organization and planning skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Open to traveling to homes on the island
Other duties as required*
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers in Canada. Then we want to hear from you!
Tell us about your passion by submitting an application today!
About Centric Health Group of Companies
At Centric Health our passion is people and the centre of everything we do. Centric Health provides a wide range of care programs and services, specializing in surgical and diagnostics, surgical weight loss, cosmetic surgery, orthotics, primary care, and pharmacy services. Nationally across Canada we service over 25,000 patients in long term care facilities, fill over 800,000 prescriptions per month, operate 25 OR’s and own one of only three fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario. Our healthcare solutions focus on leading patient outcomes in three areas of care: medical & surgical, specialty pharmacy and orthotics. We employ over 900 highly talented and skilled expert healthcare professionals, physicians, pharmacists, nurses, technologists, technicians, and support staff.