Join the Client Services and Liaison Branch within the Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration, where you will provide specialized consultation, advice, resources and information support and interpretation on a range of ministry citizenship and immigration policies, programs, and services.
What can I expect to do in this role?
As a Client and Business Services Advisor, you will:
• provide information and advice regarding a range of citizenship and immigration programs and services through various information sources and service channels
• assess, research and investigate complex inquiries from a range of clients and referrals
• provide consultation, interpretation and application support throughout the client and information services process, review documentation and recommend appropriate reference sources and contacts and procedures
• act as a liaison on all information and referral requests regarding existing and new divisional programs and services
• undertake program reviews and evaluations of client and information services activities and requests, and analyze trends, service gaps, barriers and systemic issues
How do I qualify?
• You are proficient in English as well as oral and written French at the advanced level (for bilingual position only). Your level of proficiency will be tested
Program Development Knowledge:
• You have knowledge of program and service delivery frameworks and structures to provide effective customer service liaison and support
• You have knowledge of program development and implementation techniques to provide advice, consultation and support to customers and assist in the development of marketing, outreach and client-focused materials
Research, Analytical and Problem Solving Skills:
• You have knowledge of research methodologies and techniques, data analysis, program evaluation and measurement systems to conduct research, and assess trends and service gaps and barriers
• You have demonstrated analytical and evaluative skills to assess customers' needs and requirements regarding a range of citizenship and immigration programs and policies
• You are able to conduct program reviews, research effectiveness of direct service delivery and evaluate service gaps and barriers
• You have problem solving skills to determine appropriate course of action, analyze the most beneficial approach to complex situations and provide information, referrals analysis and support to a range of clients
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
• You have oral communication skills to provide customers with information, interpretation and advice regarding citizenship and immigration policies or programs
• You can provide explanations regarding the interpretation, intent and application of legislative authorities and requirements
• You have written communication skills to prepare correspondence, reports, briefing materials and various other documents
• You have interpersonal skills to act as a point of contact
• You have the ability to interpret and apply relevant provincial and federal legislation, and citizenship and immigration policies, programs and guidelines
• You have knowledge of office computer software, including word processing, presentation, spreadsheets and databases, to prepare own materials, conduct research, prepare statistical reports and develop file/knowledge management systems
Salary Range: $63,562.20 - $79,038.05 per year
- 1 Bilingual Permanent, 400 University Ave, Toronto, Toronto Region
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months (with possible extension), 400 University Ave, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Tuesday, January 30, 2018, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 115552 in the job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.