Do Something Big.
Do you believe in the power of technology to help shape a brighter future and a stronger global community? Are you inspired by the possibilities? Are innovation, camaraderie, and the pursuit of excellence part of your innate drive? Then you've got what it takes to succeed at Samsung.
In our Vancouver lab, a team of IoT Technical Program Management (TPM) is tasked to drive Samsung key strategic IoT initiatives across organizations to deliver IoT products, services and solutions. We’re looking for highly motivated Technical Program Managers to join this team. Our teams are highly agile and move at a fast pace in a dynamically changing landscape as we work to build world class products.
Why We Want You
You strive to create easy-to-use, secure, and, above all, intelligent devices and services that take not only your homes but also your businesses to the next level. You have an ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces and deliver them in a timely manner. You have high judgment and ability to communicate with senior level technical and non-technical stakeholders. As a member of the IoT TPM team, you will help lead complex software and system development projects through the entire lifecycle—from requirements definition to production deployment. Your work will be highly visible, showcased in globally-delivered products and services.
(What You'll Do)
- Contribute “full-stack” to product definition, management, system design, coding, testing, release and operations. Understands the people/processes and can solve challenges in these areas.
- Lead release planning and be responsible for program scheduling, execution and delivery
- Lead requirement and design reviews, provide technical inputs to technical requirements and interface requirements, etc.
- Manage issues, risks and escalations, and own the work to solve problems and remove blockers
- Provide visibility and transparency to stakeholders of project status and issues, communicate to executives and manage escalations
- Identify problems and improvement opportunities in engineering practices, processes, and project organization, manage the change impact and communicate to stakeholders to get buy in of changes and enforce accepted changes
(What You’ll Bring)
- Minimum 3+ years of experience as a Scrum Master, Project Manager, or Technical Program Manager for software or system projects, preferably in complex multi-site working environment
- 5+ years of experience in hands-on software development in areas such as: cloud services (preferable on micro-service based architecture), mobile applications (preferable on both Android and iOS), CI/CD and test automation development, etc.
- Deep understanding about design patterns, requirement analysis methodologies, agile methodologies, etc.
- Great sense of project risks and issues with a natural tendency to details along with the ability to manage multiple concurrent activities
- Familiar with modern project planning, management, communication, tracking tools such as Confluence, Jira, Trello, etc.
- Self-driven, demonstrated ownership and leadership
- Understand metrics and how data is used in management
- Experience with IoT and SmartHome is a plus
- Excellent communication skills. Korean speaking is a plus.
- Willingness to learn, and to innovate in a rapidly changing environment
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer.
We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.