Inspire the World, Create the Future.
Do you believe in the power of technology to help shape a brighter future and a stronger global community? Are you inspired by the possibilities? Are innovation, camaraderie, and the pursuit of excellence part of your innate drive? Then you've got what it takes to succeed at Samsung.
The B2B R&D group in Vancouver, BC works on global web services for Samsung’s B2B organization. The security and mobile management solution Knox is one of several projects that we develop and operate. All our services run in the cloud. We work on global scale microservices architectures, big data analytics and customer engagement projects. We apply latest development practices like Agile and DevOps and strive to continually get better at what we do.
Why We Want You
First and foremost, you are a team player and know how to work well with others. You have a strong analytical mind and you like to see the whole picture. You have passion for solving complex problems and have a high degree of aptitude when it comes to learning new technologies. You dig deep and want to understand how your role can help the business to make informed decisions.
(What You’ll Do)
- Work in a multi-disciplinary agile scrum team.
- Be constantly challenged to learn and grow with new technologies and complex problems
- Have shared ownership of the cloud-based products and services you build
- Implement highly scalable big data analytics systems in a cloud environment
- Understand and take into account the security requirements for our systems and data
- Work on Big Data DevOps tasks like automation, monitoring, deployment pipeline and operations.
(What You'll Bring)
- Attitude to work with others and an aptitude to learn quickly
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Hands-on understanding of non-functional requirements like scalability, availability or security
- Strong knowledge of SQL (ideally MySQL, PostgreSQL) and experience with NoSQL databases (ideally MongoDB)
- Proficient in programming and scripting languages (ideally Java, Python, bash, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with AWS (RedShift,, EC2, S3, Lambda, Kinesis, etc.)
- Familiarity with analytical tools (ideally Tableau)
- DevOps skills and tools experience (ideally Terraform, Ansible, Docker, git, Jenkins)
- Experience with Greenplum
- Experience with OLAP and MDX
- Hadoop ecosystem knowledge (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, etc.)
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer.
We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.