Public Inquiries Officer
The Drug Programs Delivery Branch, Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, seeks a skilled, bilingual representative to respond to detailed inquiries, interpret policy and provide information province-wide to the public, clients, physicians, pharmacists and pharmaceutical manufacturers, regarding branch operations, services, drug programs legislation and application status.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• explain Ontario's individual drug programs
• advise on coverage, benefits, eligibility, restrictions, options, provisions
• explain cost-sharing and limited use drugs
• handle complaints and respond to website inquiries
• refer contentious, more complicated/complex inquiries requiring intense investigation or case management to branch advisors or analysts for resolution
How do I qualify?
Proficiency in English and French (advanced oral and written).
Customer Service Experience:
• You have demonstrated experience in providing customer service by phone, in person and by email in response to a myriad of questions involving unique individual circumstances.
• You have the ability to interpret program policy and relevant legislation.
• You have demonstrated ability to convey detailed information on provincial programs, and branch operations, policies and procedures.
• You have the ability to explain coverage options, benefits, eligibility, restrictions, procedures, criteria/conditions, cost-sharing and installment deductible payments.
• You have proven written communication skills to prepare numerous emails in response to information requests and website inquiries on program requirements, eligibility, restrictions, criteria and application procedures, from patients and physicians' offices.
Organizational, Analytical, Problem-Solving and Conflict Resolution Skills:
• You have organizational skills to provide detailed information with accuracy and speed, and to work within a pressure environment.
• You have demonstrated analytical skills to determine information requested and appropriate response to inquiries.
• You have proven problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to handle complaints and executive office referrals, and to defuse situations where callers or visitors display dissatisfaction.
• You have proven typing skills as well as knowledge and ability to utilize a variety of software.
• You have knowledge of spreadsheet and database applications.
Salary Range: $24.15 - $28.15 per hour
- 1 Bilingual Temporary, duration up to 12 months (with possible extension), 5700 Yonge Street, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 118089, by Friday, February 23, 2018. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.