Are you an expert in financial analysis and accountability? Bring your skills to the Ministry of Education!
In this bilingual role, you will be required to apply your financial, audit and financial policy analysis skills to make recommendations that support financial accountability and the development of policies, best practices, procedures and performance measures related to the child care sector.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• provide a range of financial analytical and audit services in child care, such as conducting compliance audits and performing financial reviews of child care funding recipients' financial submissions to support accountability
• develop, foster and sustain optimum working relationships with transfer payment recipients
• conduct in-person, regional and electronic training on financial reporting requirements
• undertake special projects and provide input to enhance the financial accountability framework for the child care sector
Please note: occasional travel may be required.
How do I qualify?
• You are proficient in English as well as in verbal and written French at the Superior level (testing will be required).
• knowledge of accounting principles and generally accepted auditing standards and practices
• experience completing financial analysis, planning and conducting audits, reviewing/analyzing audit reports and conducting/participating in research projects of audit procedures and best practices
• experience with performance review and risk assessment principles and techniques
Analytical and process improvement skills:
• research skills to assess and evaluate clients' needs, child care sector issues and trends, and recommend the development of audit best practices
• analytical and problem-solving skills to develop tools and deliver training that support program guidelines, proposals, plans and policy options
Communication and relationship management skills:
• verbal communication and presentation skills to provide transfer payment recipients with productive relaying and exchanging of information to foster good working relationships with the ministry
• oral and written communication skills to prepare and present briefing notes, financial reports/data to senior management and central agencies
• presentation skills to present new information requirements to transfer payment recipients and to provide training sessions
Time and change management skills:
• time management skills in order to deliver multiple projects and provide timely customer service to transfer payment recipients within tight and conflicting deadlines
• change management skills to support innovative approaches to support accountability best practices that align with provincial transfer payment responsibilities
• high level of proficiency with Excel and are adept with other Microsoft Office software
• demonstrated experience using standard operating and financial information software to prepare own reports and analysis
Salary Range: $65,401 - $94,239 per year
- 1 Bilingual Temporary, duration up to 18 months, 900 Bay St, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Tuesday, March 6, 2018, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 119972 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.