Keeping Ontario’s Legislative Assembly running smoothly takes many talented people, doing many different jobs—from camera operators and committee clerks, to purchasing officers and researchers. The Office of the Assembly is mandated to provide non-partisan support to the Members of Provincial Parliament (MPPs).
Together, we provide administrative and procedural services to all MPPs, as well as operational support for the daily activities of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario. Our success is determined by the strength and diversity of our staff and by supporting our core values: integrity, community, and excellence.
The Legislative Assembly of Ontario seeks a Bilingual Receptionist/Information Clerk who, as part of our Procedural Services Branch, in Toronto, ON, will play a significant role as the first impression of the Branch by receiving calls, greeting visitors, and providing exceptional customer service to Members of the Provincial Parliament (MPPs), officers and staff of the Assembly, members of the public, and the media.
What You’ll Do
You’ll act with integrity to:
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism in a non-partisan support role
- Exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgement in a politically sensitive environment
You’ll support our community as you:
- Provide bilingual reception services, clerical assistance, and records management for the day-to-day operations of Committees and House Documents
- Translate short documents and assist in the interpretation of inquiries or information requests
- Prepare and track invoices on an automated system
- Provide exceptional customer service at all times
How You Qualify
You demonstrate excellence through your:
- Fluency in both English and French, using oral and written skills to provide reception services and clerical support
- Strong computer skills with proven experience in office practices and procedures
- Experience as a strong administrator with strong organization and highly developed communication skills
- Keen interest in Ontario’s parliamentary system and governmental processes
- Ability to foster positive working relationships with demonstrated customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to respond and adapt to a rapidly changing work pace
If you join our team, you can expect:
- Competitive benefits package
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continued training and development
- Dynamic working environment
Salary Range Minimum: $44,108 per annum
If you share our values and are interested in this position, please visit us at www.ontla.on.ca and select Employment for more details. File No: LA-2018-24 Closing Date: Monday, May 14, 2018
The Legislative Assembly of Ontario is an inclusive employer. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please email your contact information to email@example.com for follow-up.
While we appreciate your interest in obtaining employment with the Legislative Assembly of Ontario, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.